Join us for a webinar hosted by CPSO that will feature Ontario Health’s Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) Quality Standard. At this session, speakers will highlight the health care challenges for people with SCD and share a call-to-action for physicians to improve the quality of care for people with SCD. They will also share practical examples of quality improvement tools and resources that can be used to advance equitable care for people with SCD.
Thursday, May 25, 2023
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain why a quality standard for sickle cell disease is needed and understand how to provide equitable, anti-racist, high-quality care in Ontario
- Identify opportunities to implement the quality statements to improve care for people with sickle cell disease and their families and caregivers
- Describe and know how to use the available tools and resources to improve the quality of care for people with sickle cell disease
- Carol Kennedy, Lead, Clinical and Quality Standards, Ontario Health
- Karen Fleming, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Red Blood Disorders Program, University Health Network
- Sinthu Srikanthan, Social Worker, Red Blood Disorders Program, University Health Network
- Lanre Tunji-Ajayi, President and CEO, Sickle Cell Awareness Group of Ontario
- Dr. Madeleine Verhovsek, Hematologist, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and Hamilton Health Sciences
Access the SCD quality standard and associated resources here.
For questions about the event or registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.