Table Of Contents
DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Thank you for being part of the Quorum Community [the “Community”].
This platform is provided to members as a service from Health Quality Ontario (HQO). These
By clicking “Agree” upon registering, you agree to have read the Terms in full and will
abide by the content within. HQO may, in its sole discretion, revise these Terms at any time
without advance notice to you. You are bound by such revisions by continuing to use or visit
the Community after they are posted online. Any questions about the Terms should be directed
to the community manager.
- The Terms apply to all members (including Community managers, moderators, administrators
- The Terms describe the organization’s objectives and policies related to acceptable use
of information exchanged through the Community.
- The Terms apply to use of the Community on desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- Health Quality Ontario – Terms and Conditions (http://www.hqontario.ca/Policies-and-Procedures/Terms-and-Conditions)
Having these Terms in place maintains transparency and ensures
community safety to maximize interaction. This Community allows users to interact in a novel
way, across organizations and sectors, including allowing access to partner resources, and
its continuation to do so is dependent on membership trust.
Use and acceptance
- The Community is open to adults over the age of 18 and is intended for those
who are working on or interested in improving health care quality (“Members”)
- Members must provide accurate and up-to-date information about themselves during
the registration process
- It is the responsibility of Members to keep their username and password confidential.
You may not transfer or share your account password with anyone, or create
more than one account.
- HQO agrees that information obtained during the registration process will not
be disclosed to third parties unless required to do so by law or with explicit
- In addition to these Terms, the Ontario Ministry of Government Services’ Terms
of the Community, as listed in
- Members must comply with all applicable federal and provincial laws including,
but not limited to, those relating to harassment, libel, slander, privacy,
copyright, trademark, obscenity, and child pornography. Members must not
infringe on the rights of others as specified in the Ontario Human Rights
Code and Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. While we anticipate that
most Members of the Community reside in Ontario, professional collaboration
is encouraged and as such, information may be viewed by those outside of
Ontario and Canada. Members interacting with those in other jurisdictions
should be aware that they may also be subject to laws of those other jurisdictions.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
the Province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of
laws provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction
of the courts located in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The Community is
physically maintained and operated by HQO from the Province of Ontario.
- Limitations on liability:
- HQO reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Community with or
without notice to you. HQO shall not be liable to you or any third
party should HQO exercise its right to modify or discontinue the
- Partner content: The Community connects Members to content we feel they
will benefit from and we have curated our content as such. With that
in mind, HQO is not responsible for errors, inaccuracies or availability
of information therein.
- Member-submitted content: HQO does not pre-screen or approve content
submitted by members but reserves the right to remove content found
to be in violation of these terms. HQO does not officially endorse,
sponsor or approve of third-party content submitted by Members within
the Community. HQO shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for
loss or damage suffered in connection to this content.
- The Community may contain links to third-party websites. These links
are provided solely as a convenience and for your information and
not as an endorsement by HQO of any third-party Website or the content
thereof. Unless expressly stated, HQO does not operate any third-party
website linked to the Community and is not responsible for the content
of any third-party Website, nor does it make any representation,
warranty, or covenant of any kind regarding any third-party Website
including, without limitation, (i) any representation, warranty,
or covenant regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness,
timeliness, or suitability of any content on such third-party Websites;
(ii) any representation, warranty, or covenant regarding the merchantability
and/or fitness for a particular purpose of any third-party Websites
or material, content, software, goods, or services located at or
made available through such third-party Websites; or (iii) any representation,
warranty, or covenant that the operation of such third-party Websites
will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such
third-party Websites will be corrected, or that such third-party
Websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
- You may be able to post or upload written content or other content (collectively
"User Content").You are solely responsible for your own User Content
and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By uploading or
posting User Content, you automatically grant HQO a worldwide, non-exclusive,
royalty free, license to use, reproduce, modify, translate into different
languages or formats, and publish such User Content for the purpose
of sharing the User Content with users and visitors of the Community
and to promote the Community. You represent and warrant that you
own or have the rights to use and license HQO to use the User Content
in the manner contemplated by the Community and these Terms.
- HQO, its employees, agents, and directors will not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, exemplary,
or other damages, including, without limitation, loss of revenue
or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages,
or damages resulting from any (i) errors or omissions in content,
(ii) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our
website, (iii) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which
may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party,
or (iv) for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of
your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise
made available via the Community. This limitation of liability applies
regardless of the legal theory giving rise to the damages, and even
if HQO has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing
limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted
by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- You specifically acknowledge that HQO, its employees, agents, and directors
shall not be liable for user content or the defamatory, offensive,
or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or
damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- Code of conduct:
- Be respectful. Disagreeing with other Members should
be done in a civil, non-offensive way. Content shall remain free
from racist, sexist, homophobic content or other defamatory, personal
attacks that intimidate others.
- Add value. Provide useful advice and comments in response
to the topic at hand, being sure to build upon previous discussion
content to limit duplication of information.
- Remain on topic. When starting a new post, clearly state
the topic in the subject line. Similarly, when replying to a post,
ensure contributions stay relevant to the topic at hand.
- Accuracy counts. Provide references where available
and indicate the source for your comments or whether they are simply
opinion. This will limit the potential for spreading of inaccurate
information within the community and beyond.
- Avoid inappropriate topics. While the platform encourages
innovative and lively discussions, all policies and laws relating
to harassment and discrimination also apply to the Community. Members
must not post content that is discriminatory in nature, promotes
violence or hatred, or incites criminal behaviour.
- Remain apolitical. The Community’s focus is on the responsible
exchange of ideas about health care quality improvement and is therefore
not an avenue for discussing topics that are political in nature.
As such, ensure your content does not contain partisan political,
advocacy or religious messages.
- Maintain safety. Users shall not upload any malicious
files, like viruses or worms, or post any unfamiliar links.
- Respect ownership of intellectual property. Don’t copy
or post work contributed by someone else without their authorization
and if required, attribution.
- Respect workplace confidentiality. Don’t refer to or
reveal organizational proprietary information without first speaking
to your employer. This extends to all media uploaded, including photos
and video, whereby consent from all involved parties must be obtained
- Identify yourself. All content submitted must be identified
by your name, submitted upon registration for the platform. It is
your responsibility to ensure information contained within your profile
remains current and that you do not share your user name and password
- Don’t post spam or other commercial messages. Content
posted to the Community must not be for the purposes of revenue/traffic
generation or marketing.
- Protect patient information. You or your organization
may be custodians of personal health information (PHI) and must ensure
that PHI in your custody or control is protected from theft, loss
and unauthorized use or disclosure. In addition, HQO is not permitted
to collect any personal health information (PHI) about individuals.
Disclosure of identifying PHI is strictly prohibited. Members must
be mindful of using specific dates, times and locations whereby members
could reasonably deduce identification of involved parties.
- Violations of the above terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of membership.
Violations of other laws are subject to sanctions under such laws.
- All Members of the Community are responsible for reporting any suspected or improper use
of the Community in violation of Terms to the moderator and/or manager.
- This Policy shall be reviewed by HQO at regular intervals or when amendments are deemed
necessary. Any updates made to the Terms will be displayed and communicated to the
Members. Continued use of the Community shall indicate acceptance of changes by the
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS HQO, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND DIRECTORS FROM AND AGAINST
ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, LEGAL FEES
AND OTHER EXPENSES ARISING FROM: (I) YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE COMMUNITY; (II) YOUR VIOLATION
OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COPYRIGHT, PROPERTY, OR PRIVACY RIGHT;
OR (III) ANY CLAIM THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE ANY USER CONTENT OR THAT YOUR USER
CONTENT CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY. THIS DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE
THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE COMMUNITY. IN SUCH A CASE, HQO WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE
OF SUCH CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION.