Join us for the next Quality and Patient Safety Rounds on March 28th, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here.
Patient and caregiver experiences indicate that when care
transitions are not managed well, patients may suffer harm from errors and
delays in care. This can contribute and negatively affect patients’ and
caregiver experiences. We invite you to join us for this knowledge sharing
session which will provide participants with an understanding of some of the
root causes and issues affecting transitions in care in hospital and primary
care settings, as well as best practices to incorporate into clinical settings
to improve transitions of care for patients and their care partners.
- Dr. Amir Ginzburg, Clinical Lead, Quality, Ontario Health
- Brenda Martin, Marketing & Graphic Design Professional
and Caregiver to husband, Paul Garrett
- Dr. Kevin Workentin, Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Toronto East Health
Network, Medical Director, Michael Garron Hospital and Assistant Professor,
University of Toronto
Moderated by Dr. David Kaplan, Vice President, Quality,
At the conclusion of this learning activity, participants
will be able to:
- Gain insight on some of the issues related to patients
transitioning between different care settings and different health care
providers and teams.
- Reflect on lessons learned from shared examples and how they
can be applied to improve patient safety within your own organization.
- Learn about practical strategies and explore best-practices
that have successfully improved patient safety in transitions of care.