Register to attend Ontario Health's latest Quality and Patient Safety Rounds session on September 8th, 2022 at 12 p.m. for an opportunity to hear from health care leaders about the landscape of patient safety across Canada amidst some of our most challenging times, opportunities that contribute to learning from patient safety incidents, and the ways in which teams can work together to focus on the prevention of patient safety incidents.
At the conclusion of this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the current state of patient safety in light of COVID-19 recovery and highlight opportunities for improvement in Ontario.
- Engage leaders in a discussion about their experience supporting a culture that promotes learning from and preventing patient safety incidents
- Understand how to build a culture that supports patient safety
- Dr. David Kaplan, Vice President, Quality, Ontario Health
- Dr. Jennifer Zelmer, PhD, President and CEO, Healthcare Excellence Canada
- Dr. Reuven Jhirad, Deputy Chief Coroner, Office of the Chief Coroner/Ontario Forensic Pathology Service
- Dr. Trey Coffey, Medical Safety Officer, SickKids
Patient and Quality Safety Rounds are a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This one credit per hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1.0 Mainpro+ credits.