In 2019-20, the WWLHIN commissioned the eHealth Center of Excellence to complete an evaluation on the Health Links approach to care, in which substantial investment was made provincially over the past 7 years.
This evaluation is intended to complement the provincial Health Link evaluation underway, and is also positioned with recommendations for the maturing Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) on achieving successful implementation of integrated care. OHTs are building on Health Link foundations- improving identification of individuals who would benefit from more coordinated care, cultivating more seamless information sharing around the patient’s goals and experiences, and working together as one team to support an individual’s care journey.
Domains explored include:
- Scale and spread of a coordinated care planning approach
- Recommendations for patient identification and referral within and between organizations
- Timeliness of coordinated care planning
- Patient experience with integrated care
- Transitions, with a focus on acute care usage
- Potential future evaluation framework for integrated models of care
Attached you will find:
1. A PDF of the Final Report Document
2. A PDF of the summary slides from the presentation which include page references for the final report
There is an executive summary on page 5 of the report, and the slides also provide a summarized version of the findings and recommendations.
Thank you to Lisa Harman and Lirje Hyseni from the eCE who executed this evaluation with passion and poise.
Please feel free to share with your Health Link/ OHT partners, and direct any questions or feedback my way!
Lead, Primary Health Care Collaboration and Strategy
Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Réseau local d’intégration des services de santé de Waterloo Wellington
141 Weber St. S, Waterloo ON N2J 2A9
T: 519-883-5500 Ext. 3213
Toll Free: 1-888-883-3313