At this point, you have identified successful change ideas through your PDSA cycles. Now you will formally implement these changes into practice in your unit or department.
Key activities include:
- Formalizing and standardizing the changes, and documenting the new processes
- Communicating the new processes widely among staff
- Generating buy-in by sharing the improvement story and the impact on patients and staff
- Using your measurement plan to monitor adoption and improvement
- Collecting data and displaying it visually using run charts and control charts to understand variations in performance