Table Of Contents
DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
By clicking “Agree” upon registering, you agree to have read the Terms in full and will abide by the content within. OH may, in its sole discretion, revise these Terms at any time without advance notice to you. You are bound by such revisions by continuing to use or visit the Community after they are posted online. Any questions about the Terms should be directed to the community manager.
- The Terms apply to all members (including Community managers, moderators, administrators and members).
- The Terms describe the organization’s objectives and policies related to acceptable use of information exchanged through the Community.
- The Terms apply to use of the Community on desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- Health Quality Ontario – Terms and Conditions (http://www.hqontario.ca/Policies-and-Procedures/Terms-and-Conditions)
Having these Terms in place maintains transparency and ensures community safety to maximize interaction. This Community allows users to interact in a novel way, across organizations and sectors, including allowing access to partner resources, and its continuation to do so is dependent on membership trust.
Use and acceptance
- The Community is open to adults over the age of 18 and is intended for those who are working on or interested in improving health care quality (“Members”)
- Members must provide accurate and up-to-date information about themselves during the registration process
- It is the responsibility of Members to keep their username and password confidential. You may not transfer or share your account password with anyone, or create more than one account.
- OH agrees that information obtained during the registration process will not be disclosed to third parties unless required to do so by law or with explicit consent.
- Members must comply with all applicable federal and provincial laws including, but not limited to, those relating to harassment, libel, slander, privacy, copyright, trademark, obscenity, and child pornography. Members must not infringe on the rights of others as specified in the Ontario Human Rights Code and Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. While we anticipate that most Members of the Community reside in Ontario, professional collaboration is encouraged and as such, information may be viewed by those outside of Ontario and Canada. Members interacting with those in other jurisdictions should be aware that they may also be subject to laws of those other jurisdictions.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The Community is physically maintained and operated by OH from the Province of Ontario.
- Limitations on liability:
- OH reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Community with or without notice to you. OH shall not be liable to you or any third party should OH exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Community.
- Partner content: The Community connects Members to content we feel they will benefit from and we have curated our content as such. With that in mind, OH is not responsible for errors, inaccuracies or availability of information therein.
- Member-submitted content: OH does not pre-screen or approve content submitted by members but reserves the right to remove content found to be in violation of these terms. OH does not officially endorse, sponsor or approve of third-party content submitted by Members within the Community. OH shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for loss or damage suffered in connection to this content.
- The Community may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience and for your information and not as an endorsement by OH of any third-party Website or the content thereof. Unless expressly stated, OH does not operate any third-party website linked to the Community and is not responsible for the content of any third-party Website, nor does it make any representation, warranty, or covenant of any kind regarding any third-party Website including, without limitation, (i) any representation, warranty, or covenant regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, or suitability of any content on such third-party Websites; (ii) any representation, warranty, or covenant regarding the merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose of any third-party Websites or material, content, software, goods, or services located at or made available through such third-party Websites; or (iii) any representation, warranty, or covenant that the operation of such third-party Websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party Websites will be corrected, or that such third-party Websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
- You may be able to post or upload written content or other content (collectively "User Content").You are solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By uploading or posting User Content, you automatically grant OH a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, modify, translate into different languages or formats, and publish such User Content for the purpose of sharing the User Content with users and visitors of the Community and to promote the Community. You represent and warrant that you own or have the rights to use and license OH to use the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Community and these Terms.
- OH, its employees, agents, and directors will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including, without limitation, loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, or damages resulting from any (i) errors or omissions in content, (ii) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (iii) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, or (iv) for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Community. This limitation of liability applies regardless of the legal theory giving rise to the damages, and even if OH has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- You specifically acknowledge that OH, its employees, agents, and directors shall not be liable for user content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- Code of conduct:
- Be respectful. Disagreeing with other Members should be done in a civil, non-offensive way. Content shall remain free from racist, sexist, homophobic content or other defamatory, personal attacks that intimidate others.
- Add value. Provide useful advice and comments in response to the topic at hand, being sure to build upon previous discussion content to limit duplication of information.
- Remain on topic. When starting a new post, clearly state the topic in the subject line. Similarly, when replying to a post, ensure contributions stay relevant to the topic at hand.
- Accuracy counts. Provide references where available and indicate the source for your comments or whether they are simply opinion. This will limit the potential for spreading of inaccurate information within the community and beyond.
- Avoid inappropriate topics. While the platform encourages innovative and lively discussions, all policies and laws relating to harassment and discrimination also apply to the Community. Members must not post content that is discriminatory in nature, promotes violence or hatred, or incites criminal behaviour.
- Remain apolitical. The Community’s focus is on the responsible exchange of ideas about health care quality improvement and is therefore not an avenue for discussing topics that are political in nature. As such, ensure your content does not contain partisan political, advocacy or religious messages.
- Maintain safety. Users shall not upload any malicious files, like viruses or worms, or post any unfamiliar links.
- Respect ownership of intellectual property. Don’t copy or post work contributed by someone else without their authorization and if required, attribution.
- Respect workplace confidentiality. Don’t refer to or reveal organizational proprietary information without first speaking to your employer. This extends to all media uploaded, including photos and video, whereby consent from all involved parties must be obtained before posting.
- Identify yourself. All content submitted must be identified by your name, submitted upon registration for the platform. It is your responsibility to ensure information contained within your profile remains current and that you do not share your user name and password with others.
- Don’t post spam or other commercial messages. Content posted to the Community must not be for the purposes of revenue/traffic generation or marketing.
- Protect patient information. You or your organization may be custodians of personal health information (PHI) and must ensure that PHI in your custody or control is protected from theft, loss and unauthorized use or disclosure. In addition, OH is not permitted to collect any personal health information (PHI) about individuals. Disclosure of identifying PHI is strictly prohibited. Members must be mindful of using specific dates, times and locations whereby members could reasonably deduce identification of involved parties.
- Violations of the above terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of membership. Violations of other laws are subject to sanctions under such laws.
- All Members of the Community are responsible for reporting any suspected or improper use of the Community in violation of Terms to the moderator and/or manager.
- This Policy shall be reviewed by OH at regular intervals or when amendments are deemed necessary. Any updates made to the Terms will be displayed and communicated to the Members. Continued use of the Community shall indicate acceptance of changes by the member.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS OH, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND DIRECTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, LEGAL FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES ARISING FROM: (I) YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE COMMUNITY; (II) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COPYRIGHT, PROPERTY, OR PRIVACY RIGHT; OR (III) ANY CLAIM THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE ANY USER CONTENT OR THAT YOUR USER CONTENT CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY. THIS DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE COMMUNITY. IN SUCH A CASE, OH WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE OF SUCH CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION.