This session will introduce Ontario Health’s recently released Sickle Cell Disease quality standard and describe how it can drive quality improvement and improve care for Ontarians across the health system.
Access the recording here.
- Corey Bernard, Director, Equity, Inclusion Diversity & Anti-Racism, Provincial Equity Office, Ontario Health
- Dr. Isaac Odame, Hematologist and Hematology Section Head, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dr. Madeleine Verhovsek, Hematologist, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and Hamilton Health Sciences
- Ms. Serena Thompson, Lived Experience Advisor
- Mr. Kirk Myrie, Lived Experience Advisor
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of sickle cell disease and understand the need to provide equitable, anti-racist care in Ontario
- Describe what Ontario Health Quality Standards are, how they are developed, and where to access them
- Identify opportunities to implement the quality statements to improve care for people with sickle cell disease and their family and caregivers
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org