The Palliative Care Implementation Support Community of Practice is
hosting webinars in September!
Palliative Care Implementation Webinar:
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 12-1 p.m.
This webinar is intended to support individuals leading the
implementation of the palliative care indicator in their quality improvement
The webinar will provide a deeper dive into:
- Advanced Care
Planning, Goals of Care and Health Care Consent in Ontario
- Clarify the difference between health care consent, advance care planning, and goals of care
- Understand the role of a substitute decision maker and how power of attorney fits into the process
- Support awareness of available Ontario-based tools and resources
Quality Improvement Help Session: Deep Dive into Data
Thursday September 26, 2019 at 12 -1
In this session we will focus on helping you with measurement and data.
- Individuals within an organization who are leading the implementation of the early identification and assessment of palliative care needs Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) indicator
- Analyze the options for defining the target population
- Distinguish the difference between the indicator’s numerator and denominator
- Develop a process that ensures accurate measurement
- Explore and dissect an example from the field
Have you joined the Palliative Care Implementation Support Community of
Practice on Quorum yet?
The community of practice is part of a larger effort to support the
implementation of the new Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) indicator that focuses
on the early identification and assessment of patients who might benefit from
the palliative approach to care.
Gain access to tools and resources; information about upcoming support
sessions; and opportunities to engage with colleagues across other
organizations and sectors.
Steps to join:
Implementation Support Community of Practice
and click the
“Join Group” button.